- Last Updated: Saturday, 29 April 2017 09:53
- Published: Saturday, 29 April 2017 09:53
- Written by Kevin Hewes
With more clubs starting their seasons this weekend – just a few more pointers and reminders with regard to Play-Cricket administration.
Thank you to the teams who have already entered scoresheets – so far there have been no major issues with uploading scorecards in the 48 hour timescale.
If you are an administrator please can you attempt to address the pointers below, to ensure there are minimal problems over these first few weeks.
1. For the benefit of the home administrator please make every effort to ensure all your players are added to the NECL squad – this will mean picking the player will be made easier.
2. Please can I encourage you to look at ‘merging’ duplicate records within your clubs – if you have a single record for a player it will ensure that the stats that are produced are correct. The instructions for merging players are on the website in a previous article.
3. Remember that both the ‘home’ and ‘away’ club should confirm the match details on Play-Cricket by the following Friday – again this will confirm that both clubs are happy with what has been entered. This is done by the administrator going to the ‘Results’ section and clicking on the cross under ‘Confirm Result’ – the cross will then change to a tick.
4. Reports – if there are any budding journalists out there – please feel free to use the report facility (also in the Results Screen under ‘Edit Report’) to record any facts, club milestones, strange occurrences concerning the match – there have been a couple of clubs use this already, and it makes my job of compiling the Weekly Roundup a lot easier, and factually correct.
If you are having any problems uploading a scorecard please e-mail me as soon as possible, so that I can steer you in the right direction for a resolution.
Kevin Hewes(Results Secretary)